July 7, 2009

Island Spice Snook and Potatoes

Today, I wrote for just over an hour in the morning, but then was feeling a bit antsy. So, I thought I would try a new recipe. I did some online searching. As usual, none of the recipes had ingredients that I have in my kitchen – especially here in Jamaica. So, I modified some of the recipes I found and made two delicious dishes that really made my day….

Chile-Lime Snook

Ingredients:
Sauce:
1 tbsp melted butter
4 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 tbsp “Island Spice Season all” seasoning (Or, just use paprika)
2 slivers of habanero pepper
The juice of two limes
salt and pepper to taste

Fish:
One pound of snook, cleaned, filleted, and ready to cook. (You can use other white fish.)

Stir together the sauce in a small bowl.
Place the snook in a glass casserole dish
Pour the sauce over the snook, turning the fish over to make sure it is fully covered.
You can cook immediately, or, for more flavor, allow the fish to marinate for one hour.

Cook in the oven for 10 to 20 minutes at 350 F, until the fish flakes. Enjoy.

Island Spice roasted potatoes
Ingredients
Two potatoes (peeled or unpeeled), chopped into squares the size of dice
One tbsp vegetable oil
One tbsp “Island Spice Season all”

Stir the oil and spice together into a paste in a glass casserole dish.
Put the chopped potatoes into the dish and stir around until completely covered.

Cook in the oven at 350 F for about 30 minutes – until fork enters potato easily. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment